Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Hurricane Gustav #3

Tuesday Morning September 2. My plans were to return to Slidell today. However, after speaking with several folks in Slidell, I felt we could do greater service by remaining here for another day.

My wife, Diane, is on Hurricane Standby for the month of September and they called her this afternoon telling her they need her there for Thursday. Another lady had taken her call for Hurricane Gustav, but now she needs to be there. The surgical suites cannot operate without her. :-)

This morning Diane took the Grandchildren to "The Chicken Store." That is my grandson's name for "Dirt Cheap." They can spend several hours going through "stuff" until they find the one thing she will buy them. It is a great place for kids.

I spent some time at the Stonewall Town Hall this afternoon getting information and doing a little research for something I'm writing.

Then to the pasture to check on that longhorn heifer. My Border Collie Pup was born the second week of June and is still not ready to do any herding. But I'm ready for her to grow up fast. I'm tired of chasing cows.

Some folks checked out our house this morning and reported that it was unscathed except for some limbs from the Crepe Myrtle in our front yard. That was very good news. The news that no flood waters approached our house is also very good news.

About 5:00 PM, we received word that electric service has been restored to our house and to our church. We'll return to Slidell tomorrow (Wednesday) morning.

My son has wifi at his office in Stonewall, so there have been several of us here this afternoon catching up on email.

No comments: