Wednesday, November 11, 2009

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND THOSE WHO SERVE

When I arrived back in the Continental United States in September of 1967 from Vietnam, I was not met with a hero’s welcome. Rather, some of my first “greeters” were protestors carrying signs calling me a “baby killer” and worse. I was spit upon, cursed, and derided in every conceivable manner. Now those folks did not know my name, but because I wore a Marine uniform, I was the enemy.

I’m thankful to Holy God that He saw fit to use me in the defense of this great country, just as He used my Dad before me. As I look back, I can see the Hand of God in His intervention in my life. Some of those I was raised with, trained with, and fought with did not return alive, or whole after the war. I don’t know why God chose to deliver me, but I purpose to so live my life as to demonstrate my appreciation for Him and for those who died in my stead.

Thank you Holy God for giving us men and women who are willing to serve to the uttermost in these uncertain times.

Thank you men and women of the military, for doing what you do. Please know that there are millions like me who appreciate your devotion to duty.

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND THOSE WHO SERVE!!

No comments: