Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Wasted Years


This morning my heart is heavy because people I love are struggling with the challenges of life, and cannot seem to trust God enough to simply let go and let Him have complete control of their lives.  They continue to act as if The Heavenly Father is not willing to lead, direct, empower, provide for, and protect them in this life.

     "Said the robin to the sparrow, 'I should really like to know
    why these anxious human beings rush about and worry so.’

    Said the sparrow to the robin, 'Friend, I think that it must be
    that they have no Heavenly Father such as cares for you and me.'"

In Matthew 11:28-30, Jesus said, “Come to Me all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.

These for whom I grieve are not unbelievers.  Were it so, I could approach them with the truth of God’s Word, and perhaps they would be convicted of their lostness and be converted to a new life in Christ.  Rather these are those who are wasting the precious years of their lives wandering in the wilderness of doubt and fear, failing to cross over Jordan to appropriate the abundant life awaiting in the land of promised rest. 

The greatest tragedy I know is that of those who have come out of Egypt by the supernatural working of God’s Spirit, but fail to enter into His rest.  Perhaps the manna and quail of the wilderness satisfies their palate and they fear they might lose even that if they attempt to take on the giants and fortified enemies of yonder promised land.

Wally Fowler wrote a song which I believe is as appropriate for these Believers living beneath their privilege as for the unbelievers.  This is what it says: 

        Wasted years, wasted years, oh, how foolish
        As you walk on in darkness and fear
        Turn around, turn around, love is calling
        Keeps calling me from a life of wasted years.
       
        Have you wandered a lot on life's pathway
        Have you lived without love, a life of tears
        Have you searched for a great higher meaning
        Or is your life filled with long wasted years?
       
        Wasted years, wasted years, oh, how foolish
        As you walk on in darkness and fear
        Turn around, turn around, love is calling
        Keeps calling you from a life of wasted years...

Dear Friend, If you are a Genuine Believer in Jesus Christ, please stop wasting these years of your life and purpose to live out His will for your life every day.


©                 Mike Rasberry                2015

No comments: